An exciting opportunity at Ipswich Golf Club within a busy Pro Shop.
We wish to recruit a Trainee Assistant Professional / Retail Assistant to work closely with the Head Professional and the team of Golf Professionals to deliver a high level of service to members and visitors within the Pro Shop at Ipswich Golf Club.
Additional roles and responsibilities include:
• Assisting the Golf Professionals with competition organisation.
• To assist the Professionals with organising and the delivery of a new Junior Academy Program.
• Equipment repairs. Experience wanted, however not essential.
• Coaching opportunities with junior golfers and additional target groups
• Custom fitting opportunities
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate high levels of professionalism, communication, and flexibility within their role.
If you want to become part of a our team at a Ipswich Golf Club, please apply in writing or email by 30th November 2023 with full CV and covering letter to:
Ipswich Golf Club
Ipswich Golf Club are looking to increase the number of staff in their greenkeeping team and so have a rare vacancy for a full time assistant greenkeeper.
Essential Skills and Competencies
• Competent Golf Course greenkeeper qualified to level 2 in Greenkeeping/ Sports Turf Management.
• Enthusiasm for working outside and learning new skills and techniques in maintaining a heathland golf course and surrounding environment.
• The ability to integrate successfully into a team environment and to work within a disciplined, time-managed framework.
• A clear understanding of and respect for health and safety regulations and requirements in the sector.
• Sound communication skills.
• Flexible approach to working hours and days.
• Appreciation of golf and its traditions in a private members Club.
• Salary will be based on experience and qualifications in line with the BIGGA recommended rates
• 28 days holiday per annum (including Bank holidays)
• BIGGA membership and the opportunity to play and network in BIGGA golf days.
• Further opportunities for training including CPD.
• Company Pension
• Life Insurance
• Sick Pay
• Uniform and PPE
• Use of Golf Course
• Discounted Food
• Free onsite parking
To apply, please submit a CV together with a covering letter to Graham Brumpton, Course Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org